- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Abdul Mannan made IBBL MD for 3rd term
Mohammad Abdul Mannan has taken over the charge of Managing Director and CEO of Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited for the third term.
He has been working as the Managing Director and CEO of the bank since 2010, said a press release on Monday.
Abdul Mannan received 'The Asian Banker CEO Leadership Achievement Award-2016' - a highly prestigious award for the CEO's of Asia Pacific & the Gulf regions.
Under his leadership, IBBL achieved 'The Best Managed Bank in Bangladesh' award. He made outstanding contribution to popularising Islamic banking, developing human capital for the industry, expanding welfare-oriented inclusive banking, promoting rural finance and expatriates' remittance through banking channel.
Currently, Abdul Mannan holds the position of Vice Chairman of Association of Bankers Bangladesh (ABB), Treasurer and Chairman of Arbitration Committee of Bangladesh Foreign Exchange Dealers Association (BAFEDA) and the Chairman of Task Committee of Islamic Banks Consultative Forum (IBCF).
A fellow of Malaysia-based International Centre for Leadership in Finance, Abdul Mannan participated as the resource person in different national and international seminars, workshops and conferences on banking and Islamic microfinance.
Mohammad Abdul Mannan is a prolific writer who authored a number of books on Bangladesh studies and Islamic banking.
Born in Araihazar of Narayanganj in 1952, Abdul Mannan did his masters from Dhaka University with honours in Political Science.