- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
IBBL Shari`ah Supervisory Committee meeting held
A meeting of the Shari`ah Supervisory Committee of Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited was held on Tuesday at Islami Bank Tower.
Sheikh Moulana Mohammad Qutubuddin, Chairman of the Committee & President of Baitush Sharaf Anjuman-e-Ittehad Bangladesh, presided over the meeting.
The meeting was attended by Mufti Sayeed Ahmad, Vice-Chairman of the Committee and Mufti & Muhaddis of Al Jamiatus Siddikiah Darul Ulum (Madrasah-e-Furfura Sharif); Dr Mohammad Abdus Samad, Member Secretary & Associate Professor, International Islamic University Chittagong; members of the Shair’ah Supervisory Committee and Md Shamsul Huda, Executive Vice President of the bank.
The meeting took various decisions on compliance of Shari`ah and expressed satisfaction in overall activities of the bank.