- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Khaleda appears in Zia Charitable Trust case tomorrow
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia will appear before a special court here on Thursday in the Zia Charitable Trust graft case.
The party chief will go to the court on Thursday to attend the case proceedings showing respect to the law, her counsel Sanaullah Mia said on Wednesday.
Earlier on May 19, the court warned that it would issue an arrest warrant against Khaleda Zia if she failed to appear before it on June 2 (Thursday) for self-defence in the corruption case.
Judge Abu Ahmed Jamadar of Dhaka Special Judge’s Court 3 cautioned the BNP chief after fixing the new date for appearing before the court.
The same day, Khaleda’s counsellor Sanaullah Miah filed a time petition showing her illness as the court was scheduled to hear her statements in the case.
With the rescheduling, the court deferred for the 5th time the recording of the deposition of the BNP chief.
On August 8, 2011, the ACC filed the Zia Charitable Trust graft case with Tejgaon Police Station accusing four people, including Khaleda Zia, of raising funds for the trust from unknown sources abusing power.