- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Khaleda appears in Zia Charitable Trust case tomorrow
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia will appear before a special court here on Thursday in the Zia Charitable Trust graft case.
The party chief will go to the court on Thursday to attend the case proceedings showing respect to the law, her counsel Sanaullah Mia said on Wednesday.
Earlier on May 19, the court warned that it would issue an arrest warrant against Khaleda Zia if she failed to appear before it on June 2 (Thursday) for self-defence in the corruption case.
Judge Abu Ahmed Jamadar of Dhaka Special Judge’s Court 3 cautioned the BNP chief after fixing the new date for appearing before the court.
The same day, Khaleda’s counsellor Sanaullah Miah filed a time petition showing her illness as the court was scheduled to hear her statements in the case.
With the rescheduling, the court deferred for the 5th time the recording of the deposition of the BNP chief.
On August 8, 2011, the ACC filed the Zia Charitable Trust graft case with Tejgaon Police Station accusing four people, including Khaleda Zia, of raising funds for the trust from unknown sources abusing power.