- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Cabinet clears proposed budget
The Cabinet in its special meeting on Thursday approved the proposed budget for the fiscal year 2016-17.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina presided over the meeting held at the cabinet room of Parliament Bhaban.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith and other cabinet ministers, state ministers concerned attended the meeting.
Sources close to the meeting said the Prime Minister stressed effective implementation of the new budget to improve the socioeconomic status of people.
She thanked all concerned, particularly the Finance Minister, for his hard work in preparing the budget.