- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Cabinet clears proposed budget
The Cabinet in its special meeting on Thursday approved the proposed budget for the fiscal year 2016-17.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina presided over the meeting held at the cabinet room of Parliament Bhaban.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith and other cabinet ministers, state ministers concerned attended the meeting.
Sources close to the meeting said the Prime Minister stressed effective implementation of the new budget to improve the socioeconomic status of people.
She thanked all concerned, particularly the Finance Minister, for his hard work in preparing the budget.