- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Incentive for local heavy industries to continue
Domestic heavy industries manufacturing refrigerators, freezers and air-conditioners will continue to enjoy incentive in the new fiscal year.
“VAT incentive has been given to domestic heavy industries manufacturing refrigerators, freezers and air-conditioners up to 30 June, 2016. I propose extending this VAT exemption facility up to 30 June, 2017 as an incentive for the industry,” Finance Minister AMA Muhith said in his budget speech in parliament on Thursday.
He, however, said these facilities will not be extended to local motorcycle industries.