- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
‘Bangladesh Gallery’ opens in Kolkata
A new art gallery, ‘Bangladesh Gallery’, was inaugurated in Kolkata of India on Friday.
Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor inaugurated the ‘Bangladesh Gallery’ installed by ArtsAcre Foundation in Kolkata, said a handout.
Noor also participated in an art festival there organised by the foundation.
Cultural Affairs Sectary Aktari Momtaj and Additional Secretary Mashiur Rahman were present at the inaugural ceremony.
Primarily, paintings of 20 renowned Bangladeshi artists, including Farida Zaman, Mahmudul Haque, Rafiqun Nabi, Ranjit Das, Samarjit Roy Chowdhury, Monirul Islam, Mohammad Younus, Syed Jahangir and Sheikh Afzal, were installed in the gallery.
Professor Syed Abul Bark Alvi and other senior personalities of the foundation were present at the programme.