- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
‘Bangladesh Gallery’ opens in Kolkata
A new art gallery, ‘Bangladesh Gallery’, was inaugurated in Kolkata of India on Friday.
Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor inaugurated the ‘Bangladesh Gallery’ installed by ArtsAcre Foundation in Kolkata, said a handout.
Noor also participated in an art festival there organised by the foundation.
Cultural Affairs Sectary Aktari Momtaj and Additional Secretary Mashiur Rahman were present at the inaugural ceremony.
Primarily, paintings of 20 renowned Bangladeshi artists, including Farida Zaman, Mahmudul Haque, Rafiqun Nabi, Ranjit Das, Samarjit Roy Chowdhury, Monirul Islam, Mohammad Younus, Syed Jahangir and Sheikh Afzal, were installed in the gallery.
Professor Syed Abul Bark Alvi and other senior personalities of the foundation were present at the programme.