- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
‘Bangladesh Gallery’ opens in Kolkata
A new art gallery, ‘Bangladesh Gallery’, was inaugurated in Kolkata of India on Friday.
Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor inaugurated the ‘Bangladesh Gallery’ installed by ArtsAcre Foundation in Kolkata, said a handout.
Noor also participated in an art festival there organised by the foundation.
Cultural Affairs Sectary Aktari Momtaj and Additional Secretary Mashiur Rahman were present at the inaugural ceremony.
Primarily, paintings of 20 renowned Bangladeshi artists, including Farida Zaman, Mahmudul Haque, Rafiqun Nabi, Ranjit Das, Samarjit Roy Chowdhury, Monirul Islam, Mohammad Younus, Syed Jahangir and Sheikh Afzal, were installed in the gallery.
Professor Syed Abul Bark Alvi and other senior personalities of the foundation were present at the programme.