- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Private varsity student drowns in Bandarban lake
A private university student drowned in a lake while taking bath there in Ruma upazila on Friday.
The deceased was identified as Fayed Iqbal, 25, a first year student of Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP) and son of Ali Ikram of Lalbagh in the capital.
Victim’s friend Anik said Iqal along eight students of the university went to take their bath in ‘Boga’ lake around 3:30pm.
At one stage, he drowned.
Later, the rescuers recovered the body.