- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Private varsity student drowns in Bandarban lake
A private university student drowned in a lake while taking bath there in Ruma upazila on Friday.
The deceased was identified as Fayed Iqbal, 25, a first year student of Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP) and son of Ali Ikram of Lalbagh in the capital.
Victim’s friend Anik said Iqal along eight students of the university went to take their bath in ‘Boga’ lake around 3:30pm.
At one stage, he drowned.
Later, the rescuers recovered the body.