- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Private varsity student drowns in Bandarban lake
A private university student drowned in a lake while taking bath there in Ruma upazila on Friday.
The deceased was identified as Fayed Iqbal, 25, a first year student of Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP) and son of Ali Ikram of Lalbagh in the capital.
Victim’s friend Anik said Iqal along eight students of the university went to take their bath in ‘Boga’ lake around 3:30pm.
At one stage, he drowned.
Later, the rescuers recovered the body.