- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
DCCI happy with Package VAT retention
Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) has congratulated the government for the retention of “Package VAT” and expressed mixed reactions over the proposed budget for the coming fiscal year.
The DCCI held a meeting in its board room with President Hossain Khaled in the chair to analyse the proposed budget.
The board congratulated Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Finance Minister AMA Muhith for retaining the “Package VAT”.
The trade body laid emphasis on reforms in investment-related policies for boosting domestic and foreign investment.