- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
DCCI happy with Package VAT retention
Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) has congratulated the government for the retention of “Package VAT” and expressed mixed reactions over the proposed budget for the coming fiscal year.
The DCCI held a meeting in its board room with President Hossain Khaled in the chair to analyse the proposed budget.
The board congratulated Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Finance Minister AMA Muhith for retaining the “Package VAT”.
The trade body laid emphasis on reforms in investment-related policies for boosting domestic and foreign investment.