- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
DCCI happy with Package VAT retention
Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) has congratulated the government for the retention of “Package VAT” and expressed mixed reactions over the proposed budget for the coming fiscal year.
The DCCI held a meeting in its board room with President Hossain Khaled in the chair to analyse the proposed budget.
The board congratulated Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Finance Minister AMA Muhith for retaining the “Package VAT”.
The trade body laid emphasis on reforms in investment-related policies for boosting domestic and foreign investment.