- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Aviation University to be established in country: Minister
Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon on Saturday said the government has taken an initiative to establish an Aviation University, aiming to create employment opportunities for youths of the country.
The minister came up the announcement while speaking as the chief guest at a seminar held at a hotel in the capital.
“We should behave with tourists as our guests which will enhance our image and bring positive impact on the tourism industry,” said Menon
Bhromon, a hotel and tourism affairs magazine, and Bangladesh Tourism Board (BTB) jointly arranged the seminar titled ‘Role and Impact of Aviation Sector on Visit Bangladesh 2016’.
Civil Aviation and Tourism additional secretary M Rafikuzzaman presided over the seminar where, among others, former Bangladesh Bank Governor Dr Mohammed Farashuddin and Comptroller and Auditor General of Bangladesh Masud Ahmed spoke.