- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Aviation University to be established in country: Minister
Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon on Saturday said the government has taken an initiative to establish an Aviation University, aiming to create employment opportunities for youths of the country.
The minister came up the announcement while speaking as the chief guest at a seminar held at a hotel in the capital.
“We should behave with tourists as our guests which will enhance our image and bring positive impact on the tourism industry,” said Menon
Bhromon, a hotel and tourism affairs magazine, and Bangladesh Tourism Board (BTB) jointly arranged the seminar titled ‘Role and Impact of Aviation Sector on Visit Bangladesh 2016’.
Civil Aviation and Tourism additional secretary M Rafikuzzaman presided over the seminar where, among others, former Bangladesh Bank Governor Dr Mohammed Farashuddin and Comptroller and Auditor General of Bangladesh Masud Ahmed spoke.