- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Muhammad Ali’s 10 quotes
Boxing legend Muhammad Ali’s remarks outside the ring were also legendary as well. UNB eyes some of his best quotes.
"Why are all the angels white? Why ain't there no black angels?"
“Live every day like it's your last because someday you're going to be right.”
'There are no pleasures in a fight, but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win.'
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
“I am the greatest, I'm the greatest that ever lived. I don't have a mark on my face.”
“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
“Don't count the days; make the days count.”
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
“If I get kicked out of America, I have another home [Bangladesh].”
“If you want to go to heaven, come to Bangladesh.”