- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
68 BD students win 'Erasmus+' scholarship
A total of 68 Bangladeshi students will benefit from the European Union (EU) scholarship of the 'Erasmus+' programme for the academic year 2016-17.
Of them, 40 Bangladeshis were selected to study in Europe for completing Master’s or doctoral degrees.
Another 28 Bangladeshi nationals were selected through strategic partnerships to pursue courses of different durations at EU Member States academic institutions working in partnership with Bangladeshi universities.
Head of Delegation of the European Union to Bangladesh Ambassador Pierre Mayaudon hosted a reception for the students on Thursday.
The event included two short presentations on other EU projects for higher education: ‘Trans-Eurasia Information Network’ (TEIN) and ‘Advancing Skill Creation to Enhance Transformation’ (ASCENT).
Representatives of EU Member States diplomatic missions and honorary consuls took part in the event.
The EU Ambassador said relations between the EU and Bangladesh in the area of higher education are developing in a very positive way. “Higher education is an important tool to build long-term, durable relations between citizens of Europe and Bangladesh".
The 'Erasmus+' programme aims at enhancing the quality of higher education by promoting dialogue as well as understanding between people and cultures through mobility and academic cooperation.
A European Higher Education Roadshow in Bangladesh will be organised in November 2016 to reinforce the relations between Bangladeshi and European universities, said a press release.