- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
68 BD students win 'Erasmus+' scholarship
A total of 68 Bangladeshi students will benefit from the European Union (EU) scholarship of the 'Erasmus+' programme for the academic year 2016-17.
Of them, 40 Bangladeshis were selected to study in Europe for completing Master’s or doctoral degrees.
Another 28 Bangladeshi nationals were selected through strategic partnerships to pursue courses of different durations at EU Member States academic institutions working in partnership with Bangladeshi universities.
Head of Delegation of the European Union to Bangladesh Ambassador Pierre Mayaudon hosted a reception for the students on Thursday.
The event included two short presentations on other EU projects for higher education: ‘Trans-Eurasia Information Network’ (TEIN) and ‘Advancing Skill Creation to Enhance Transformation’ (ASCENT).
Representatives of EU Member States diplomatic missions and honorary consuls took part in the event.
The EU Ambassador said relations between the EU and Bangladesh in the area of higher education are developing in a very positive way. “Higher education is an important tool to build long-term, durable relations between citizens of Europe and Bangladesh".
The 'Erasmus+' programme aims at enhancing the quality of higher education by promoting dialogue as well as understanding between people and cultures through mobility and academic cooperation.
A European Higher Education Roadshow in Bangladesh will be organised in November 2016 to reinforce the relations between Bangladeshi and European universities, said a press release.