- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
- 7, including Bangladeshi, die of suspected alcohol poisoning
- BNP leader Sohel held
Steps to reframe your life
There's a point in life where you become fully aware of your own nature, and its faults. But changing habits isn't easy; you've been who you have been for decades. And there's no need to change the core, but a few necessary steps may be inevitable if you've realised that certain things are holding you back from realising your full potential as a professional, and your capacity to lead a happy life. How do you go about it?
Like every story in this world, it begins with pen and paper (or your laptop). Write down your life story. Visualise the future, and start editing all the things pulling you down. According to psychologist, and professor of human behaviour , Dan McAdams, all of us have set narrative scripts that we follow to predict, evaluate, respond and control our lives. And though it becomes difficult to change this narrative, at times, it's the only way to see a better future. It's difficult to jump from an idea to execution. But when your thoughts have been penned, turning them into action gets easier. It helps you gain a clear perspective of where your life is moving. If you are going through a crisis, focus on post-trauma growth. Know your patterns, choose the words and emotions that give you happiness. Break negative interactions.'
Rewriting your present gives you a sense of control of your life. Try telling your present story to strangers, watch their reactions, take notes. Transcend painful setbacks and reshape your own story. You can't change what has happened in your life, but you can choose the person you want to be, despite your past negative experiences.