- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Steps to reframe your life
There's a point in life where you become fully aware of your own nature, and its faults. But changing habits isn't easy; you've been who you have been for decades. And there's no need to change the core, but a few necessary steps may be inevitable if you've realised that certain things are holding you back from realising your full potential as a professional, and your capacity to lead a happy life. How do you go about it?
Like every story in this world, it begins with pen and paper (or your laptop). Write down your life story. Visualise the future, and start editing all the things pulling you down. According to psychologist, and professor of human behaviour , Dan McAdams, all of us have set narrative scripts that we follow to predict, evaluate, respond and control our lives. And though it becomes difficult to change this narrative, at times, it's the only way to see a better future. It's difficult to jump from an idea to execution. But when your thoughts have been penned, turning them into action gets easier. It helps you gain a clear perspective of where your life is moving. If you are going through a crisis, focus on post-trauma growth. Know your patterns, choose the words and emotions that give you happiness. Break negative interactions.'
Rewriting your present gives you a sense of control of your life. Try telling your present story to strangers, watch their reactions, take notes. Transcend painful setbacks and reshape your own story. You can't change what has happened in your life, but you can choose the person you want to be, despite your past negative experiences.