- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Ctg Cricket: Brothers Union beat Rising Star by 98 runs
A brilliant century by Saifuzzaman enabled Brothers Union Club to earn a comfortable 98-run victory over Rising Star Club in the CJKS-Ispahani Premier Division Cricket League at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium here on Saturday.
Despite the day’s victory, Brothers Union Club finished league runners–up in head to head counting as they lost the league match to Abahani Limited. Abahani Ltd clinched the league title securing same points by virtue of victory against Brothers Union.
Brothers Union batted first after winning the toss and piled up huge 289 runs for 7 in stipulated 50 overs with Saifuzzaman contributing an unconquered 118 runs off 119 balls, featuring 12 fours and four sixes.
Besides, Zakir Ali scored 82-ball 52 runs with four fours and a six while Nayeem Hasan made 52-ball 55 runs including eight fours and a six, were the main contributors for Brothers Union.
Brabo Barua grabbed three wickets for 29 runs and Monirul Haque took two for 36 runs.
In reply, Rising Star Club were all out for 191 runs in 47 overs with Sanaullah Sunny making 58 and Shawon Mitra 36 runs.
Nayeem Hasan picked up three wickets for 37 runs while Nafees Iqbal, Rezaul Karim and ASM Nakib took two wickets each conceding 4, 24 and 31 runs respectively.