- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Young Star beat Madarbari in Ctg 1st Div Cricket
Young Star Club earned an eight-wickets victory over Madabari Muktakantha Club in a reduced 32-over-a-side match of the CJKS-Confidence Cement First Division Cricket League at Women’s Complex ground here on Sunday.
Madabari batted first after losing the toss and was all out for 105 runs in 27 overs with Ali Zaker Raju making the team’s highest 24 off 27 deliveries, including four boundaries.
Badshah Khaled grabbed three wickets for 13 runs while Ali Hossain and Omar Faruk took two wickets each conceding 13 and 15 runs respectively.
In reply, Young Star Club reached their destination scoring 111 runs for the loss of 2 wickets in 18.5 overs.
Abdullah Al Noman scored team highest 38 off 48 balls with 2 fours and 3 sixes while Ali Hossain and Tarek Rahman contributed unbeaten 29 and 24 respectively.
Mushfiqur Rahman took two wickets for Madarbari.