- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Young Star beat Madarbari in Ctg 1st Div Cricket
Young Star Club earned an eight-wickets victory over Madabari Muktakantha Club in a reduced 32-over-a-side match of the CJKS-Confidence Cement First Division Cricket League at Women’s Complex ground here on Sunday.
Madabari batted first after losing the toss and was all out for 105 runs in 27 overs with Ali Zaker Raju making the team’s highest 24 off 27 deliveries, including four boundaries.
Badshah Khaled grabbed three wickets for 13 runs while Ali Hossain and Omar Faruk took two wickets each conceding 13 and 15 runs respectively.
In reply, Young Star Club reached their destination scoring 111 runs for the loss of 2 wickets in 18.5 overs.
Abdullah Al Noman scored team highest 38 off 48 balls with 2 fours and 3 sixes while Ali Hossain and Tarek Rahman contributed unbeaten 29 and 24 respectively.
Mushfiqur Rahman took two wickets for Madarbari.