- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Ctg Premier Cricket: Ispahani SC, City Corp register win
Ispahani Sporting Club and City Corporation Ekadash won their respective matches in the CJKS-Ispahani Premier Division Cricket League at different city venues here on Sunday.
Ispahani SC defeated Shaheed Shahjahan Sangha by two wickets at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium while City Corporation Ekadash outplayed Satadal Club Juniors by six wickets at MA Aziz Stadium in the port city.
Sent in to bat first at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Shaheed Shahjahan Sangha were all out for 167 runs in 46.5 overs with Julhas Sagar making 66, Inzamamul Haque 24 and Imtiaz Sultan Jony 22 runs.
Tanvir Nanna grabbed four wickets for 32 runs while Adil Kabir and Sudipta Dey took two wickets each conceding 30 runs each.
In reply, Ispahani SC reached their target scoring 170 runs for the loss of eight wickets in 38.1 overs with Raihan Rafsan making 57 and Samiul Haque 56 runs.
Hasan Imam, Shahriar Sharif and Shakawat Hossain picked up two wickets each giving away 30, 33 and 35 runs respectively.
Sent in to bat first in the day’s other match, Satadal Juniors were bundled out for 80 runs in 24.2 overs with Tanvir scoring 28 and Shah Alam 22 runs.
Iftekhar Rahe made the major damage to the Satadal innings claiming six wickets for 15 runs in his 8.2 overs spell with three maidens while Javed Zaher took two for 15 runs.
In reply, City Corporation Ekadash scored 84 for 4 in just 9.1 overs with Nazimuddin Sabbir contributing 43 and Mazharul Islam 23 runs.