- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Tajikistan Football Team in capital
Tajikistan National Football Team arrived in the capital on Sunday to play their away play-off match of the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers (Stage-1) against hosts Bangladesh on Tuesday at the Bangabandhu National Stadium here.
After reaching Dhaka, touring Tajikistan team also made their practices at BUET ground in the city Sunday afternoon
Bangladesh National Football team, which suffered a humiliating 0-5 goals defeat against Tajikistan in their away play-off match of the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers in the Tajik capital Dushanbe Thursday night, also returned home on Saturday night.
With this frustrating defeat, the chance of Bangladesh to qualify from stage-1 was almost shattered as they have a tough task of beating Tajikistan by a bigger margin in Tuesday’s match.
The winners of the two-leg play-off matches between Tajikistan and Bangladesh will advance to the group stages of the qualifying competition while the losing team will have another chance to qualify through further two-leg basis play-off matches against Bhutan on September 6 and October 11 respectively.
Earlier in the FIFA World Cup qualifiers in Dushanbe, Bangladesh also conceded another 0-5 goals defeat against Tajikistan in their away match, but managed a face-saving 1-1 draw in their home match against Tajikistan in Dhaka.