- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Tajikistan Football Team in capital
Tajikistan National Football Team arrived in the capital on Sunday to play their away play-off match of the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers (Stage-1) against hosts Bangladesh on Tuesday at the Bangabandhu National Stadium here.
After reaching Dhaka, touring Tajikistan team also made their practices at BUET ground in the city Sunday afternoon
Bangladesh National Football team, which suffered a humiliating 0-5 goals defeat against Tajikistan in their away play-off match of the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers in the Tajik capital Dushanbe Thursday night, also returned home on Saturday night.
With this frustrating defeat, the chance of Bangladesh to qualify from stage-1 was almost shattered as they have a tough task of beating Tajikistan by a bigger margin in Tuesday’s match.
The winners of the two-leg play-off matches between Tajikistan and Bangladesh will advance to the group stages of the qualifying competition while the losing team will have another chance to qualify through further two-leg basis play-off matches against Bhutan on September 6 and October 11 respectively.
Earlier in the FIFA World Cup qualifiers in Dushanbe, Bangladesh also conceded another 0-5 goals defeat against Tajikistan in their away match, but managed a face-saving 1-1 draw in their home match against Tajikistan in Dhaka.