- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
CJKS Cricket: Star Club, Sitakunda UKS register win
Star Club and Sitakunda Upazila KS won their respective matches in the CJKS–Confidence Cement First Division Cricket League at separate venues in the port city on Monday.
Star Club managed an exciting one-wicket victory over Agrabad Naojoan Club at the Women’s Complex ground (WCG) while Sitakund UKS beat Ullah Club by six wickets at the MA Aziz Stadium here.
At WCG, Agrabad Naojoan Club batted first and were all out for 123 runs in 32 overs with Abdullah Marshrur making 27, Hasan Reza 20, Kabir Hossain 15 and Imtiazuddin 13 runs.
Ashiqur Rahman made the major damage in Naojoan Club innings grabbing six wickets 26 runs while Mahfuzul Hasan took two for nine runs.
In reply, Star Club scored the match-winner 124 runs for 9 in 46.1 overs with Abu Hurayra scoring 37, Azmal Huda 31 and Mehedy Hasan 11 runs.
Rakib and Hasan Reza captured three wickets each conceding 25 runs each while Nabib Raza bagged two for 18.
Sent into bat first in the day’s other match at MA Aziz Stadium, Ullash Club were bundled out for 98 runs in 42,2 overs with Ajmain Mahtab scoring 29, Mazharul Aziz 17 runs.
Wahid Jawad picked up four wickets for 27 runs while Habibun Nabi took two for 5 runs.In reply, Sitakunda UKS reached their target scoring the match-winner 99 runs for 4 in 24 overs with Sohel Rana making not out 24, Saidur Rahman 20, Rony Bepari 18 and S Bashar 11 runs.
Nayeenuddin and Yeahia Bulbul grabbed two wickets each giving away 32 and 34 runs respectively.