- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
CJKS Cricket: Star Club, Sitakunda UKS register win
Star Club and Sitakunda Upazila KS won their respective matches in the CJKS–Confidence Cement First Division Cricket League at separate venues in the port city on Monday.
Star Club managed an exciting one-wicket victory over Agrabad Naojoan Club at the Women’s Complex ground (WCG) while Sitakund UKS beat Ullah Club by six wickets at the MA Aziz Stadium here.
At WCG, Agrabad Naojoan Club batted first and were all out for 123 runs in 32 overs with Abdullah Marshrur making 27, Hasan Reza 20, Kabir Hossain 15 and Imtiazuddin 13 runs.
Ashiqur Rahman made the major damage in Naojoan Club innings grabbing six wickets 26 runs while Mahfuzul Hasan took two for nine runs.
In reply, Star Club scored the match-winner 124 runs for 9 in 46.1 overs with Abu Hurayra scoring 37, Azmal Huda 31 and Mehedy Hasan 11 runs.
Rakib and Hasan Reza captured three wickets each conceding 25 runs each while Nabib Raza bagged two for 18.
Sent into bat first in the day’s other match at MA Aziz Stadium, Ullash Club were bundled out for 98 runs in 42,2 overs with Ajmain Mahtab scoring 29, Mazharul Aziz 17 runs.
Wahid Jawad picked up four wickets for 27 runs while Habibun Nabi took two for 5 runs.In reply, Sitakunda UKS reached their target scoring the match-winner 99 runs for 4 in 24 overs with Sohel Rana making not out 24, Saidur Rahman 20, Rony Bepari 18 and S Bashar 11 runs.
Nayeenuddin and Yeahia Bulbul grabbed two wickets each giving away 32 and 34 runs respectively.