- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Bangladesh to face Tajikistan in AFC Asian Cup Play-off 2 Tuesday
Bangladesh football team will face visiting Tajikistan in the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers play-off round-2 at Bangabandhu National Stadium on Tuesday.
The qualifiers battle will begin at 4:30 pm and state run television BTV will telecast the match live. Ticket price has been fixed for the match at Tk 100 for VIP while 50 for gallery.
On the eve of the match day, Bangladesh team head coach Lodewijk Darius Kruif expressed his hope saying, “Away game was a very difficult for us. We were disappointed at the result. Tomorrow’s match is home game for us, that’s always a different story. Our target is to bring a much better game than in the previous one,”
The coach came up with the hope at a press conference at Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) House on Monday.
However, Bangladesh suffered a humiliating 0-5 goals defeat against Tajikistan in their away play-off match of the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers in the Tajik capital Dushanbe Thursday night.
“We must forget the first result 5-0 and be prepared for the tomorrow’s match. Because this is the play-off round and everything can happen. We will do our best,” said Tajikistan coach Khakim Fuzaylov.
The winners of the two-leg play-off matches between Tajikistan and Bangladesh will advance to the group stages of the qualifying competition while the losing team will have another chance to qualify through further two-leg basis play-off matches against Bhutan on September 6 and October 11 respectively.