- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Bangladesh to face Tajikistan in AFC Asian Cup Play-off 2 Tuesday
Bangladesh football team will face visiting Tajikistan in the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers play-off round-2 at Bangabandhu National Stadium on Tuesday.
The qualifiers battle will begin at 4:30 pm and state run television BTV will telecast the match live. Ticket price has been fixed for the match at Tk 100 for VIP while 50 for gallery.
On the eve of the match day, Bangladesh team head coach Lodewijk Darius Kruif expressed his hope saying, “Away game was a very difficult for us. We were disappointed at the result. Tomorrow’s match is home game for us, that’s always a different story. Our target is to bring a much better game than in the previous one,”
The coach came up with the hope at a press conference at Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) House on Monday.
However, Bangladesh suffered a humiliating 0-5 goals defeat against Tajikistan in their away play-off match of the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers in the Tajik capital Dushanbe Thursday night.
“We must forget the first result 5-0 and be prepared for the tomorrow’s match. Because this is the play-off round and everything can happen. We will do our best,” said Tajikistan coach Khakim Fuzaylov.
The winners of the two-leg play-off matches between Tajikistan and Bangladesh will advance to the group stages of the qualifying competition while the losing team will have another chance to qualify through further two-leg basis play-off matches against Bhutan on September 6 and October 11 respectively.