- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Bangladesh to face Tajikistan in AFC Asian Cup Play-off 2 Tuesday
Bangladesh football team will face visiting Tajikistan in the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers play-off round-2 at Bangabandhu National Stadium on Tuesday.
The qualifiers battle will begin at 4:30 pm and state run television BTV will telecast the match live. Ticket price has been fixed for the match at Tk 100 for VIP while 50 for gallery.
On the eve of the match day, Bangladesh team head coach Lodewijk Darius Kruif expressed his hope saying, “Away game was a very difficult for us. We were disappointed at the result. Tomorrow’s match is home game for us, that’s always a different story. Our target is to bring a much better game than in the previous one,”
The coach came up with the hope at a press conference at Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) House on Monday.
However, Bangladesh suffered a humiliating 0-5 goals defeat against Tajikistan in their away play-off match of the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers in the Tajik capital Dushanbe Thursday night.
“We must forget the first result 5-0 and be prepared for the tomorrow’s match. Because this is the play-off round and everything can happen. We will do our best,” said Tajikistan coach Khakim Fuzaylov.
The winners of the two-leg play-off matches between Tajikistan and Bangladesh will advance to the group stages of the qualifying competition while the losing team will have another chance to qualify through further two-leg basis play-off matches against Bhutan on September 6 and October 11 respectively.