- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Dhaka witnesses TRESemmé’s ‘The Lustrous Runway’
Unilever Bangladesh’s premier brand, TRESemmé, recently held their flagship fashion show titled ‘TRESemmé presents The Lustrous Runway’ at Le Meridian Dhaka.
In line with fashion shows across the world, it was a star-studded red carpet affair, with celebrities and fashion aficionados all making their presence in the gala affair.
The brand is reputed to be the backstage hair styling partner in some of the most prestigious fashion shows, including New York Fashion Week.
Renowned fashion designers showcased their creations at this event, including Sarah Karim, Anokhi, Salita Nanda, Zurhem, Agnimitra Paul and Neeta Lulla. Their depictions were divided into sections, which incorporated separate elements such as art, silk, life, sky and other symbols.
The Lustrous Runway concluded with celebrity showstopper, actress Lisa Ray making her grand entrance, donning a Sarah Karim creation.
The fifth such occasion, the organisers stressed on introducing more opportunities and showcasing TRESemmé as something beyond a hair care brand. ‘We want this platform to be a knowledge hub for designers’, said Karishma Khan, one of the organisers.
‘We will use this to conduct workshops among aspiring local designers who can learn the technicalities and then receive the opportunity to participate in the Lustrous Runway themselves in the near future’, she added.
Powered by Infinity Event Management, the event was co-sponsored by BMW, Kohler, City Bank American Express, Gitanjali, Oriental and Innstar. Event partners were Elite Force and Privé Spa & Salon, along with Banglavision as Media Partner.