- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Premier Cricket: Kalabagan KC stay in super-six race
Kalabagan Krira Chakra stayed in the super-six race of the Walton Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League beating their neighbour Kalabagan Cricket Academy by 29 runs via the D/L method in a rain-marred match decided on reserved day (Tuesday) at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur
With the day’s feat, national ODI and T20 captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza-led
Kalabagan KC have secured 12 points from all eleven encounters and battling with Dhaka Mohammedan SC (12 points from 10 matches) and Prime Bank CC (12 points from 11 matches) for the last two super league spots.
But, Mohammedan SC are enjoying the upper hand as they have another match in hand to play against Sheikh Jamal DC in Mirpur on Wednesday.
The ill-fated league match between Kalabagan KC and Kalabagan Cricket Academy was abandoned due to rain on Monday and rolled to the reserved day (Tuesday) when Kalabagan Cricket Academy managed 34 runs for 4 in 14.2 overs against devastating bowling by Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, who claimed two wickets for 13 runs in seven overs
Kalabagan CA resumed the innings on Tuesday morning with the overnight score and finally all out for 128 runs in 39.2 overs with lower order Nuruzzaman contributing the team’s highest 42 runs off 66 balls featuring five boundaries.
Besides, Mehedy Hasan Miraj (22), Mysukur Rahman (17) and Noor Hossain (15) were the other main contributors for Kalabagan Cricket Academy.