- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Premier Cricket: Kalabagan KC stay in super-six race
Kalabagan Krira Chakra stayed in the super-six race of the Walton Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League beating their neighbour Kalabagan Cricket Academy by 29 runs via the D/L method in a rain-marred match decided on reserved day (Tuesday) at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur
With the day’s feat, national ODI and T20 captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza-led
Kalabagan KC have secured 12 points from all eleven encounters and battling with Dhaka Mohammedan SC (12 points from 10 matches) and Prime Bank CC (12 points from 11 matches) for the last two super league spots.
But, Mohammedan SC are enjoying the upper hand as they have another match in hand to play against Sheikh Jamal DC in Mirpur on Wednesday.
The ill-fated league match between Kalabagan KC and Kalabagan Cricket Academy was abandoned due to rain on Monday and rolled to the reserved day (Tuesday) when Kalabagan Cricket Academy managed 34 runs for 4 in 14.2 overs against devastating bowling by Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, who claimed two wickets for 13 runs in seven overs
Kalabagan CA resumed the innings on Tuesday morning with the overnight score and finally all out for 128 runs in 39.2 overs with lower order Nuruzzaman contributing the team’s highest 42 runs off 66 balls featuring five boundaries.
Besides, Mehedy Hasan Miraj (22), Mysukur Rahman (17) and Noor Hossain (15) were the other main contributors for Kalabagan Cricket Academy.