- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Premier Cricket: Kalabagan KC stay in super-six race
Kalabagan Krira Chakra stayed in the super-six race of the Walton Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League beating their neighbour Kalabagan Cricket Academy by 29 runs via the D/L method in a rain-marred match decided on reserved day (Tuesday) at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur
With the day’s feat, national ODI and T20 captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza-led
Kalabagan KC have secured 12 points from all eleven encounters and battling with Dhaka Mohammedan SC (12 points from 10 matches) and Prime Bank CC (12 points from 11 matches) for the last two super league spots.
But, Mohammedan SC are enjoying the upper hand as they have another match in hand to play against Sheikh Jamal DC in Mirpur on Wednesday.
The ill-fated league match between Kalabagan KC and Kalabagan Cricket Academy was abandoned due to rain on Monday and rolled to the reserved day (Tuesday) when Kalabagan Cricket Academy managed 34 runs for 4 in 14.2 overs against devastating bowling by Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, who claimed two wickets for 13 runs in seven overs
Kalabagan CA resumed the innings on Tuesday morning with the overnight score and finally all out for 128 runs in 39.2 overs with lower order Nuruzzaman contributing the team’s highest 42 runs off 66 balls featuring five boundaries.
Besides, Mehedy Hasan Miraj (22), Mysukur Rahman (17) and Noor Hossain (15) were the other main contributors for Kalabagan Cricket Academy.