- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Khaleda takes iftar with orphans, alem-ulema
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia took iftar with orphans and alem-ulema (Islamic scholars) on the first day of the fasting month Ramadan on Tuesday.
The BNP chief hosted the iftar party at the city’s Ladies Club.
Entering the venue around 6:380pm, Khaleda, also a former Prime Minister, exchanged pleasantries with the guests, including the orphans.
Over 400 guests, including boys and girls, from different orphanages in the capital’s Shantinagar, Tejgaon and Fakirerpool areas as well as a good number of Islamic scholars from different parts of the country, attended the iftar party.
Prior to iftar, a munajat was offered seeking divine blessings for peace and progress of the country and welfare of its people.
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, standing committee members, Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain, Moudud Ahmed, Lt Gen Mahbubur Rahman, Jamiruddin Sircar, ASM Hannan Shah, Nazrul Islam Khan, Mirza Abbas, Gayeshwar Chandra Roy, among others, joined the iftar.
The BNP chairperson will also host an iftar parties at the city’s Bashundhara International Convention Centre on June 11 for politicians and, on June 12 for professionals at the same venue and on June 13 for diplomats at Westin Hotel.