- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
WB to continue support for education development
The World Bank (WB) will continue its assistance and cooperation for the development of education and enhance its quality in Bangladesh.
Vice-President of the global lender Annette Dixon said this at a meeting with Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid at the WB Headquarters in Washington on Tuesday, according to a PID handout.
The meeting in detail discussed the WB projects taken for the development of education in Bangladesh.
Annette Dixon said the World Bank will take steps to undertake new projects for the development of education in Bangladesh.
The World Bank president Dr. Jim Yong Kim will pay a visit to Bangladesh in October, he added.