- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
WB to continue support for education development
The World Bank (WB) will continue its assistance and cooperation for the development of education and enhance its quality in Bangladesh.
Vice-President of the global lender Annette Dixon said this at a meeting with Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid at the WB Headquarters in Washington on Tuesday, according to a PID handout.
The meeting in detail discussed the WB projects taken for the development of education in Bangladesh.
Annette Dixon said the World Bank will take steps to undertake new projects for the development of education in Bangladesh.
The World Bank president Dr. Jim Yong Kim will pay a visit to Bangladesh in October, he added.