- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
BFF in search of new national coach
Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) is in search of new head coach for the national team as the Dutch coach Lodewijk Darius de Kruif finished his one month contract on June 7 and left for home after a courtesy meeting with BFF president Kazi Salahuddin at BFF house on Wednesday.
BFF Executive committee called an emergency meeting on Thursday in this connection.
After the meeting, the BFF EC will discuss it with National Teams Committee (NTC) to take the final decision soon, said a BFF source.
Kruif was reappointed as the head coach of Bangladesh national team on May 7 ahead of the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 Qualifiers play-off two-leg matches against Tajikistan on June 2 and 7.
Bangladesh conceded defeat in both the encounters with 1-0 and 5-0 margin in home and away match respectively.