- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
BFF in search of new national coach
Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) is in search of new head coach for the national team as the Dutch coach Lodewijk Darius de Kruif finished his one month contract on June 7 and left for home after a courtesy meeting with BFF president Kazi Salahuddin at BFF house on Wednesday.
BFF Executive committee called an emergency meeting on Thursday in this connection.
After the meeting, the BFF EC will discuss it with National Teams Committee (NTC) to take the final decision soon, said a BFF source.
Kruif was reappointed as the head coach of Bangladesh national team on May 7 ahead of the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 Qualifiers play-off two-leg matches against Tajikistan on June 2 and 7.
Bangladesh conceded defeat in both the encounters with 1-0 and 5-0 margin in home and away match respectively.