- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Premier Hockey: Sonali Bank manage 3-2 victory over Sadharan Bima
Came from behind, Sonali Bank SRC beat Sadharan Bima KS by 3-2 goals in the Green Delta Insurance Premier Division Hockey League at Maulana Bhashani National Stadium here on Wednesday.
With the day’s 2nd win, the bankers’ team has secured seven points from eight matches and shared the 7th slot in the league table with Ajax SC while Sadharan Bima KC remained at six points, also playing eight matches.
Farhan Ali struck two field goals for Sadharan Bima in the 7th and 31st minutes to dominate the first half by 2-0 goals.
After the breather, Rabbi Salehin Roky reduced the margin by a field in the 36th minute and Taseef Ahmed scored two more field goals for the bankers’ team in the 44th and 52nd minutes respectively to snatch the important victory.