- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
CJKS Cricket: Railway beat Agrabad Nawjoan
Bangladesh Railway earned an exciting one-wicket victory over Agrabad Nawjoan Club (Green) in the CJKS-Confidence Cement First Division Cricket League at the MA Aziz Stadium here on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat first, Agrabad scored 109 runs for 6 in a rain-hit 20-over-a-side match with opener Mahfuzur Rahman making team’s highest 23 runs off 32 balls, hitting one four and a six.
Besides, Tanvir (21), Tamjid Ahmed Imon (not out 18), Saiful Islam (14), Helaluddin (13) and Sabbir Hossain (10) were other notable scorers for Nawjoan Club reaching the double figures.
Sarwar Shakib and Aslam Hossain grabbed two wickets each conceding 15 runs each.
In reply, Bangladesh Railway reached their target scoring 113 runs for 9 in 19.3 overs.
SM Riaz contributed 25-ball 24 runs with one boundary, Rafsan Al Mahmud also scored 24 runs off 26 balls, hitting two fours and a six, Nur Islam Sabuj made run-a-ball 19 including one four and a six while Aslam Hossain with scored 16 runs off 26 balls, were the other major contributors for Railway.
Helaluddin and Sabbir Hossain took two wickets each conceding 14 and 27 runs respectively.