- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
CJKS Cricket: Railway beat Agrabad Nawjoan
Bangladesh Railway earned an exciting one-wicket victory over Agrabad Nawjoan Club (Green) in the CJKS-Confidence Cement First Division Cricket League at the MA Aziz Stadium here on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat first, Agrabad scored 109 runs for 6 in a rain-hit 20-over-a-side match with opener Mahfuzur Rahman making team’s highest 23 runs off 32 balls, hitting one four and a six.
Besides, Tanvir (21), Tamjid Ahmed Imon (not out 18), Saiful Islam (14), Helaluddin (13) and Sabbir Hossain (10) were other notable scorers for Nawjoan Club reaching the double figures.
Sarwar Shakib and Aslam Hossain grabbed two wickets each conceding 15 runs each.
In reply, Bangladesh Railway reached their target scoring 113 runs for 9 in 19.3 overs.
SM Riaz contributed 25-ball 24 runs with one boundary, Rafsan Al Mahmud also scored 24 runs off 26 balls, hitting two fours and a six, Nur Islam Sabuj made run-a-ball 19 including one four and a six while Aslam Hossain with scored 16 runs off 26 balls, were the other major contributors for Railway.
Helaluddin and Sabbir Hossain took two wickets each conceding 14 and 27 runs respectively.