- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Venezuela beats Uruguay 1-0 to advance to Copa quarters
Salomon Rondon scored on a rebound after a shot from midfield struck the crossbar and Venezuela beat Uruguay 1-0 on Thursday night to advance to the Copa America Centenario quarterfinals.
The West Bromwich striker scored in the 36th minute, after a shot from midfield by Alejandro Guerra was barely deflected by Uruguay goalkeeper Fernando Muslera and hit the crossbar.
Venezuela won its first two games and leads Group C with six points. Uruguay has two losses and will be eliminated from the tournament if Mexico wins or ties Jamaica in the late match in Pasadena, California.
Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani missed several scoring chances, including a one-on-one against goalkeeper Jose Contreras in the 90th minute.