- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Venezuela beats Uruguay 1-0 to advance to Copa quarters
Salomon Rondon scored on a rebound after a shot from midfield struck the crossbar and Venezuela beat Uruguay 1-0 on Thursday night to advance to the Copa America Centenario quarterfinals.
The West Bromwich striker scored in the 36th minute, after a shot from midfield by Alejandro Guerra was barely deflected by Uruguay goalkeeper Fernando Muslera and hit the crossbar.
Venezuela won its first two games and leads Group C with six points. Uruguay has two losses and will be eliminated from the tournament if Mexico wins or ties Jamaica in the late match in Pasadena, California.
Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani missed several scoring chances, including a one-on-one against goalkeeper Jose Contreras in the 90th minute.