- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Austrian collects 10 million beer bottle caps
It takes a lot of beers to collect 10 million bottle caps. But Austria's Hans Heiland didn't drink them alone.
Heiland says that most of them have come from others, many of them by mail, after his passion for collecting beer bottle caps become known.
Heiland, from the town of Ybbs, west of Vienna, started his hobby five years ago.
State broadcaster ORF said Thursday that his collection now weighs 18 tons.
Heiland recently sold the caps to a metal collector for 1,500 euros ($1,700) and says he will deliver all three truckfulls to the new owner Friday.
He says he plans to give the money to a needy family in the region.