- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Austrian collects 10 million beer bottle caps
It takes a lot of beers to collect 10 million bottle caps. But Austria's Hans Heiland didn't drink them alone.
Heiland says that most of them have come from others, many of them by mail, after his passion for collecting beer bottle caps become known.
Heiland, from the town of Ybbs, west of Vienna, started his hobby five years ago.
State broadcaster ORF said Thursday that his collection now weighs 18 tons.
Heiland recently sold the caps to a metal collector for 1,500 euros ($1,700) and says he will deliver all three truckfulls to the new owner Friday.
He says he plans to give the money to a needy family in the region.