- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Austrian collects 10 million beer bottle caps
It takes a lot of beers to collect 10 million bottle caps. But Austria's Hans Heiland didn't drink them alone.
Heiland says that most of them have come from others, many of them by mail, after his passion for collecting beer bottle caps become known.
Heiland, from the town of Ybbs, west of Vienna, started his hobby five years ago.
State broadcaster ORF said Thursday that his collection now weighs 18 tons.
Heiland recently sold the caps to a metal collector for 1,500 euros ($1,700) and says he will deliver all three truckfulls to the new owner Friday.
He says he plans to give the money to a needy family in the region.