- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Bangladesh to play first Test on Indian soil in 2017
Bangladesh is likely to play a Test match against India at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad in 2017.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Wednesday announced their 2016-17 home season including a Test against Bangladesh. Though the venue of the Test was confirmed, the date has not been fixed yet.
This will be the Tigers first ever visit to India since they were given ICC Full Member status in 2000 and Indians are the last ICC Full Member nation to host Bangladesh for Test cricket.
However, India's home 2016-17 season will include 13 Tests, which is the record number of home Tests in a season for India, eight ODIs and three T20Is..
Besides Bangladesh, India will play Test series against New Zealand, England and Australia.