- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
11 school teachers reportedly killed in Thailand road crash
News reports say a passenger van has overturned and caught fire on a highway in Thailand, killing 11 school teachers inside.
The Nation newspaper said the teachers were trapped in the burning vehicle after the Friday night crash on a highway to Bangkok. The Khaosod newspaper says the victims were school teachers.
The Nation says the driver lost control after one of the tires of the van burst. It quotes the interior ministry's disaster management department as saying that four people managed to get out of the van before it burst into flames.
Thailand roads are among the world's most dangerous. Speeding and other traffic violations are common and law enforcement on the highways is lax.