- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
14-party to form human chains June 19 protesting killings
The Awami League-led 14-party alliance will form human chains across the country on June 19 protesting the militancy and recent secret killings.
The human chains will be arranged from 3pm to 4pm on the day, said combine spokesman and Health Minister Mohammed Nasim on Friday.
He came up with the announcement after a meeting of the ruling alliance at the AL President’s Dhanomndi political office in the city.
Besides, the alliance leaders will visit on June 14 the residence of a Hindu priest who has recently been hacked to death by miscreants in Jhenidah, he said.
Nasim, also an AL presidium member, accused BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia of protecting the killers.
“Khaleda Zia has said that AL leaders were involved in the killings. With the remarks, she is openly giving protection to the killers. It’s not her new character. In the past, she and her husband wanted to save war criminals,” he said.
The health minister said Khaleda Zia nakedly sided with the killers. “She patronised the killers without expressing sympathy to the bereaved family members of the victims,” he said.
Nasim said the planned killings were occurring one after another when the country is marching towards development and progress and turns into an island of peace.
The AL leader said those who think that such killings would force the government to do compromise are living in a fool’s paradise. “Because, Sheikh Hasina does not compromise,” he added.