- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
14-party to form human chains June 19 protesting killings
The Awami League-led 14-party alliance will form human chains across the country on June 19 protesting the militancy and recent secret killings.
The human chains will be arranged from 3pm to 4pm on the day, said combine spokesman and Health Minister Mohammed Nasim on Friday.
He came up with the announcement after a meeting of the ruling alliance at the AL President’s Dhanomndi political office in the city.
Besides, the alliance leaders will visit on June 14 the residence of a Hindu priest who has recently been hacked to death by miscreants in Jhenidah, he said.
Nasim, also an AL presidium member, accused BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia of protecting the killers.
“Khaleda Zia has said that AL leaders were involved in the killings. With the remarks, she is openly giving protection to the killers. It’s not her new character. In the past, she and her husband wanted to save war criminals,” he said.
The health minister said Khaleda Zia nakedly sided with the killers. “She patronised the killers without expressing sympathy to the bereaved family members of the victims,” he said.
Nasim said the planned killings were occurring one after another when the country is marching towards development and progress and turns into an island of peace.
The AL leader said those who think that such killings would force the government to do compromise are living in a fool’s paradise. “Because, Sheikh Hasina does not compromise,” he added.