- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Khaleda to host iftar for political leaders Saturday
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia is going to host an iftar party on Saturday in honour of leaders of different political parties.
The iftar party will be held at the city's Bashundhara International Convention Centre.
Party sources said top leaders of most political parties, including Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, was invited to the programme.
Apart from Hasina, BNP invited 12 other ruling party leaders, including its general secretary Syed Ashraful Islam, to attend the iftar.
The chiefs of the country's two major political parties greet each other during the two Eids and Pahela Baishakh, and invite each other to their iftar parties every year though they have long been avoiding each other to personally meet or exchange pleasantries.
Khaleda will also host iftar for professionals on Sunday and for diplomats on Monday.