- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Khaleda to host iftar for political leaders Saturday
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia is going to host an iftar party on Saturday in honour of leaders of different political parties.
The iftar party will be held at the city's Bashundhara International Convention Centre.
Party sources said top leaders of most political parties, including Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, was invited to the programme.
Apart from Hasina, BNP invited 12 other ruling party leaders, including its general secretary Syed Ashraful Islam, to attend the iftar.
The chiefs of the country's two major political parties greet each other during the two Eids and Pahela Baishakh, and invite each other to their iftar parties every year though they have long been avoiding each other to personally meet or exchange pleasantries.
Khaleda will also host iftar for professionals on Sunday and for diplomats on Monday.