- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Khaleda to host iftar for political leaders Saturday
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia is going to host an iftar party on Saturday in honour of leaders of different political parties.
The iftar party will be held at the city's Bashundhara International Convention Centre.
Party sources said top leaders of most political parties, including Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, was invited to the programme.
Apart from Hasina, BNP invited 12 other ruling party leaders, including its general secretary Syed Ashraful Islam, to attend the iftar.
The chiefs of the country's two major political parties greet each other during the two Eids and Pahela Baishakh, and invite each other to their iftar parties every year though they have long been avoiding each other to personally meet or exchange pleasantries.
Khaleda will also host iftar for professionals on Sunday and for diplomats on Monday.