- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Life afflicted by rain-triggered water-logging
Torrential rain from Saturday night caused water logging in different parts of the country, much to the suffering of the people.
Public life in the capital was disrupted as several low-lying areas, including Malibagh, Mouchak and Shantinagar, remained water-logged due to rain.
In Khulna, heavy rainfall from Saturday night caused water stagnation in different areas of the city.
Incessant rain caused water-logging in Dakbanglow, PTI, Khan Jahan Ali, Sir Iqbal Road, Haji Mohosin, Baitipara, Tutpara, Daulatpur, Dolkhola, Baniakhamar, Moulvipara and police line areas of the city.
A Met office bulletin said rain/ thunder showers accompanied by temporary gusty/squally wind was likely to occur in Barisal, Khulna, Chittagong and Sylhet divisions and at many places in Dhaka, Mymensingh and Rangpur divisions and at a few places of Rajshahi division with moderately heavy to very heavy rainfalls at places in Khulna, Barisal, Dhaka and Chittagong divisions.
All the maritime ports have been advised to hoist local cautionary signal no three as deep convection is continuing over the North Bay.
Squally weather may affect the maritime ports, North Bay and adjoining coastal areas of Bangladesh, according to Met office.
All fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay have been advised to remain close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice.