- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Life afflicted by rain-triggered water-logging
Torrential rain from Saturday night caused water logging in different parts of the country, much to the suffering of the people.
Public life in the capital was disrupted as several low-lying areas, including Malibagh, Mouchak and Shantinagar, remained water-logged due to rain.
In Khulna, heavy rainfall from Saturday night caused water stagnation in different areas of the city.
Incessant rain caused water-logging in Dakbanglow, PTI, Khan Jahan Ali, Sir Iqbal Road, Haji Mohosin, Baitipara, Tutpara, Daulatpur, Dolkhola, Baniakhamar, Moulvipara and police line areas of the city.
A Met office bulletin said rain/ thunder showers accompanied by temporary gusty/squally wind was likely to occur in Barisal, Khulna, Chittagong and Sylhet divisions and at many places in Dhaka, Mymensingh and Rangpur divisions and at a few places of Rajshahi division with moderately heavy to very heavy rainfalls at places in Khulna, Barisal, Dhaka and Chittagong divisions.
All the maritime ports have been advised to hoist local cautionary signal no three as deep convection is continuing over the North Bay.
Squally weather may affect the maritime ports, North Bay and adjoining coastal areas of Bangladesh, according to Met office.
All fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay have been advised to remain close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice.