- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Walton invests more to produce LED Panel and Backlight
The country’s electronics giant ‘Walton’ has taken initiative for manufacturing LED panel and backlight in Bangladesh, one of the prime items for the display of LED products like LED TV, desktop and laptop monitor, mobile and tab screen.
The local company is making huge investment in setting up an ultra-modern LED panel manufacturing unit with latest technologies and machineries at the premises of Walton Micro-Tech Corporation at Chandra in Gazipur.
The Walton officials said the new factory will manufacture 20 lakh units of LED panel annually, of which a major portion would be exported after meeting the local demand.
They said Walton is setting up a 4-storeyed LED panel manufacturing factory on 8 lakh square feet, where class 10,000 standard clean room will be established. The construction process is in the final stage.
The purchase procedure of cutting edge optical grade extrusion machine from Germany has been completed. In addition, hydraulic die cutting machine and high speed dot printing machine will be installed in the new factory.
The installation process of all the machines will be started from October this year and mass production will be started from January next year.
The LED panel manufacturing factory will be a full-pledged production unit rather than an assembling unit, the authority noted.
Touseed Al Mahmud, senior assistant director (sourcing engineering) of Walton Group, said that a group of skilled and intelligent engineers are working on inventing new generation display and backlight technology.
They are designing an innovative backlight which will increase brightness of LED display and also will consume very little electricity, he said.
Walton is planning to launch quantum dot display in next year, which will help the viewers to watch high dynamic range picture through conventional dish cable, he said.
Engineers of Walton mechanical design department said they are working on some ground breaking concept with zero bezel display which will be launched in the local market next year.
Walton authority said this new factory will create employment opportunity for thousands of workers and hundreds of engineers.