- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
BAIRA goes to polls on July 14 under govt supervision
The election to the Bangladesh Association of International Recruiting Agencies (BAIRA) for 2016-2018 tenure will be held on July 14 under the supervision of government-appointed administrator to ensure transparency.
Director, Trade Organization, under the Ministry of Commerce, has been directed to assume the office of the administrator for holding the election, outgoing BAIRA president Mohammed Abul Basher told UNB on Sunday.
The administrator, however, will not perform any executive function of the affairs of BAIRA other than formal election matter, he said.
The tenure of the BAIRA executive committee expired in May but its election could not be held for various reasons, including complaint of delisting 158 members from the voter list. Later, the matter went to the court.
A court order in this regard said the parties have agreed that the election be held on or before July 14 under the supervision of Director, Trade Organization and in no case the election shall be shifted beyond July 14.