- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
BAIRA goes to polls on July 14 under govt supervision
The election to the Bangladesh Association of International Recruiting Agencies (BAIRA) for 2016-2018 tenure will be held on July 14 under the supervision of government-appointed administrator to ensure transparency.
Director, Trade Organization, under the Ministry of Commerce, has been directed to assume the office of the administrator for holding the election, outgoing BAIRA president Mohammed Abul Basher told UNB on Sunday.
The administrator, however, will not perform any executive function of the affairs of BAIRA other than formal election matter, he said.
The tenure of the BAIRA executive committee expired in May but its election could not be held for various reasons, including complaint of delisting 158 members from the voter list. Later, the matter went to the court.
A court order in this regard said the parties have agreed that the election be held on or before July 14 under the supervision of Director, Trade Organization and in no case the election shall be shifted beyond July 14.