- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Fed Cup: Arambagh KC reach quarterfinal
Arambagh KS smartly reached the quarterfinal of the Walton Federation Cup Football Tournament as the first team from Group A after playing 1-1 draw with Soccer Club, Feni at the Bangabandhu National Stadium here on Sunday.
After the day’s match, Arambagh KS topped the Group A list with unbeaten run securing four points from both the group engagements following a creditable 1-0 victory over heavyweight Dhaka Abahani Ltd on Friday while Soccer Club, Feni also stay in the quarterfinal race collecting one point from one match.
Soccer Club, Feni will now battle with pointless Dhaka Abahani Ltd in the remaining group match on Tuesday (June 14) at 4pm to decide the other quarterfinalist from the group.
Kester Akon broke the deadlock in the 90th minute of the match. The Nigerian scored from a curving free kick that entered the net beating goalkeeper Sujan Chowdhury (1-0).
Feni soccer equalised the margin in the stoppage time from a penalty taken by Akbar Hossain Ridon (1-1).