- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Fed Cup: Arambagh KC reach quarterfinal
Arambagh KS smartly reached the quarterfinal of the Walton Federation Cup Football Tournament as the first team from Group A after playing 1-1 draw with Soccer Club, Feni at the Bangabandhu National Stadium here on Sunday.
After the day’s match, Arambagh KS topped the Group A list with unbeaten run securing four points from both the group engagements following a creditable 1-0 victory over heavyweight Dhaka Abahani Ltd on Friday while Soccer Club, Feni also stay in the quarterfinal race collecting one point from one match.
Soccer Club, Feni will now battle with pointless Dhaka Abahani Ltd in the remaining group match on Tuesday (June 14) at 4pm to decide the other quarterfinalist from the group.
Kester Akon broke the deadlock in the 90th minute of the match. The Nigerian scored from a curving free kick that entered the net beating goalkeeper Sujan Chowdhury (1-0).
Feni soccer equalised the margin in the stoppage time from a penalty taken by Akbar Hossain Ridon (1-1).