- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Fed Cup: Arambagh KC reach quarterfinal
Arambagh KS smartly reached the quarterfinal of the Walton Federation Cup Football Tournament as the first team from Group A after playing 1-1 draw with Soccer Club, Feni at the Bangabandhu National Stadium here on Sunday.
After the day’s match, Arambagh KS topped the Group A list with unbeaten run securing four points from both the group engagements following a creditable 1-0 victory over heavyweight Dhaka Abahani Ltd on Friday while Soccer Club, Feni also stay in the quarterfinal race collecting one point from one match.
Soccer Club, Feni will now battle with pointless Dhaka Abahani Ltd in the remaining group match on Tuesday (June 14) at 4pm to decide the other quarterfinalist from the group.
Kester Akon broke the deadlock in the 90th minute of the match. The Nigerian scored from a curving free kick that entered the net beating goalkeeper Sujan Chowdhury (1-0).
Feni soccer equalised the margin in the stoppage time from a penalty taken by Akbar Hossain Ridon (1-1).