- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
MSC crush Wari 8-2 riding on Jimmi’s hat-trick
Rasel Mahmud Jimmi’s hat-trick spurred Mohammedan Sporting Club to notch an 8-2 victory against Wari Club in the 12-team Dhaka Premier Division Hockey League at Maulana Bhasani National Hockey Stadium on Sunday.
Jimmi struck three field goals in the 48th, 61st and 65th minutes for the winner. Salman Hossain scored one field goal in the very 2nd minute and added one penalty corner in the 43rd minute while Tasvar Abbas scored a corner goal and one field goal in the 4th and 17th minutes and Lalon struck a field goal in the 29th minute.
Obiad Hasan reduced the winning margin scoring two penalty corner goals in the 6th and 13th minutes for the losers.
In another league match at the same venue on the day, Bangladesh SC secured an emphatic 8-1 victory over RailwaySC.
Shahbaz Ali (11th, 33rd, 51st and 64th minutes) and Prince (25th, 34th, 46th and 66th minutes) struck four field goals each for Bangladesh SC.
Skipper Saddam Hossain scored a penalty corner goal for Wari in the 37th minute.