- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Inu gets death threat
Information Minister Hasanul Haque Inu received death threat on Sunday.
Assistant personal secretary (APS) of the minister Abdullah Hil Qayum told UNB that a packet was found near the stairs of the central office of his party Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD) at Bangabandhu Avenue in the capital.
“A photo of Hasanul Haque Inu with a cross-mark was attached with the packet,” he said.
Later, the party office staff found a shroud cloth after opening the packet.
“You are disobedient to Allah’s rule. Get ready for death,” reads the shroud cloth, said APS Abdullah Hil Qayum.
On information, he said, police took the packet to Paltan Police Station.