- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Yunus inspires US youth into entrepreneurship
Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus has urged graduates in the United States to use their innate creative power to do more than just getting a job.
He came up with the call while speaking at a commencement (convocation) ceremony at University of California, San Diego on Saturday, said a press release of Yunus Centre.
He said running after jobs helps create ‘tyranny of employment’ which kills creativity and is based on an artificial economic system.
Prof Yunus urged the fresh graduates to do more than just take care of themselves. "There's a wide world waiting for you. The power that you have inside of you is unlimited. Even if you want to make use of it just for yourself, you only use a fraction of it. So why not you take care of yourself, and at the same time take care of the world?"
University of Californi, San Diego conducted its first all-campus convocation ceremony in 16 years. More than 10,000 students received their certificates at the convocation ceremony.
Before his convocation speech, Prof Yunus was awarded the Chancellor's Medal by the university.