- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Yunus inspires US youth into entrepreneurship
Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus has urged graduates in the United States to use their innate creative power to do more than just getting a job.
He came up with the call while speaking at a commencement (convocation) ceremony at University of California, San Diego on Saturday, said a press release of Yunus Centre.
He said running after jobs helps create ‘tyranny of employment’ which kills creativity and is based on an artificial economic system.
Prof Yunus urged the fresh graduates to do more than just take care of themselves. "There's a wide world waiting for you. The power that you have inside of you is unlimited. Even if you want to make use of it just for yourself, you only use a fraction of it. So why not you take care of yourself, and at the same time take care of the world?"
University of Californi, San Diego conducted its first all-campus convocation ceremony in 16 years. More than 10,000 students received their certificates at the convocation ceremony.
Before his convocation speech, Prof Yunus was awarded the Chancellor's Medal by the university.