- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Women’s Cricket: Khelaghar beat Abahani by 7 wkts
Khelaghar SKS earned a comfortable seven-wicket victory over Abahani Limited in the Dhaka Premier Division Women’s Cricket League at BKSP ground in Savar on Monday.
Sent in to bat first, Abahani Limited were dismissed cheaply for 70 runs in 43.3 overs with one down Sharmin Sultana contributing 19 runs off 66 balls hitting three fours.
Shohely Akhter made major damage to the Abahani innings grabbing five wickets with a hat-trick conceding 23 runs in his 10-over spell with two maidens.
She made a hat-trick claiming the wickets of Sharmin Sultana, Suborna Islam and Jahanara Alam in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th balls of the 6th overs.
Ritu Moni and Veteran Panna Ghosh took two wickets each conceding 7 and 12 runs respectively.
In reply, Khelaghar SKS scored the match-winners 71 runs for the loss of 29.2 overs with Fatema Khatun making 22 and Ishma Tanjim 15 runs.
Jahanara Alam, Sumona Akhter and Suborna Islam took one wicket each giving away 9, 14 and 21 runs respectively.