- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Women’s Cricket: Khelaghar beat Abahani by 7 wkts
Khelaghar SKS earned a comfortable seven-wicket victory over Abahani Limited in the Dhaka Premier Division Women’s Cricket League at BKSP ground in Savar on Monday.
Sent in to bat first, Abahani Limited were dismissed cheaply for 70 runs in 43.3 overs with one down Sharmin Sultana contributing 19 runs off 66 balls hitting three fours.
Shohely Akhter made major damage to the Abahani innings grabbing five wickets with a hat-trick conceding 23 runs in his 10-over spell with two maidens.
She made a hat-trick claiming the wickets of Sharmin Sultana, Suborna Islam and Jahanara Alam in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th balls of the 6th overs.
Ritu Moni and Veteran Panna Ghosh took two wickets each conceding 7 and 12 runs respectively.
In reply, Khelaghar SKS scored the match-winners 71 runs for the loss of 29.2 overs with Fatema Khatun making 22 and Ishma Tanjim 15 runs.
Jahanara Alam, Sumona Akhter and Suborna Islam took one wicket each giving away 9, 14 and 21 runs respectively.