- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Women’s Cricket: Khelaghar beat Abahani by 7 wkts
Khelaghar SKS earned a comfortable seven-wicket victory over Abahani Limited in the Dhaka Premier Division Women’s Cricket League at BKSP ground in Savar on Monday.
Sent in to bat first, Abahani Limited were dismissed cheaply for 70 runs in 43.3 overs with one down Sharmin Sultana contributing 19 runs off 66 balls hitting three fours.
Shohely Akhter made major damage to the Abahani innings grabbing five wickets with a hat-trick conceding 23 runs in his 10-over spell with two maidens.
She made a hat-trick claiming the wickets of Sharmin Sultana, Suborna Islam and Jahanara Alam in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th balls of the 6th overs.
Ritu Moni and Veteran Panna Ghosh took two wickets each conceding 7 and 12 runs respectively.
In reply, Khelaghar SKS scored the match-winners 71 runs for the loss of 29.2 overs with Fatema Khatun making 22 and Ishma Tanjim 15 runs.
Jahanara Alam, Sumona Akhter and Suborna Islam took one wicket each giving away 9, 14 and 21 runs respectively.