- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Iran TV: Revolutionary Guards killed 5 Kurdish separatists
Iran's state TV says a firefight between the powerful Revolutionary Guards and Kurdish militants in western Iran has left five militants dead.
The TV says the five were members of the Party of Free Life of Kurdistan, or PJAK, which is the Iranian wing of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, in Turkey.
Monday's report says the Revolutionary Guards ambushed the militants in Iran's northwestern Sardasht area.
The TV didn't say when the shootout happened or provide more details. It says weapons and ammunition were confiscated from the five at the site of the clash.
Iran occasionally reports on such shootouts and clashes between Iranian forces and members of the Kurdish militant groups.