- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Iran TV: Revolutionary Guards killed 5 Kurdish separatists
Iran's state TV says a firefight between the powerful Revolutionary Guards and Kurdish militants in western Iran has left five militants dead.
The TV says the five were members of the Party of Free Life of Kurdistan, or PJAK, which is the Iranian wing of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, in Turkey.
Monday's report says the Revolutionary Guards ambushed the militants in Iran's northwestern Sardasht area.
The TV didn't say when the shootout happened or provide more details. It says weapons and ammunition were confiscated from the five at the site of the clash.
Iran occasionally reports on such shootouts and clashes between Iranian forces and members of the Kurdish militant groups.