- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Iran TV: Revolutionary Guards killed 5 Kurdish separatists
Iran's state TV says a firefight between the powerful Revolutionary Guards and Kurdish militants in western Iran has left five militants dead.
The TV says the five were members of the Party of Free Life of Kurdistan, or PJAK, which is the Iranian wing of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, in Turkey.
Monday's report says the Revolutionary Guards ambushed the militants in Iran's northwestern Sardasht area.
The TV didn't say when the shootout happened or provide more details. It says weapons and ammunition were confiscated from the five at the site of the clash.
Iran occasionally reports on such shootouts and clashes between Iranian forces and members of the Kurdish militant groups.