- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Jasod created grounds for Bangabandhu killing: Ashraf
Awami League General Secretary Syed Ashraful Islam on Monday blamed Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (Jasod) for creating the grounds for the assassination of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the economical backwardness of Bangladesh.
He made the allegation while addressing the closing ceremony of a two-day extended meeting and workshop of Bangladesh Chhatra League at the Teacher-Student Centre of Dhaka University.
Syed Ashraf, also the Public Administration Minister, alleged that Jasod had misguided people about the Liberation War spirit in the name of scientific socialism and tried to make the independence controversial.
Lamenting that a leader of this political party is now in the cabinet of the current government, the ruling party leader said, “I think Awami League will have to pay for it in the future.”
He also advised the BCL leaders and activists to know the proper history of Bangladesh and to be more conscious about politics.
Awami League Joint General Secretary Jahangir Kabir Nanak also spoke at the closing ceremony with BCL President Saifur Rahman Sohag in the chair.