- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Jasod created grounds for Bangabandhu killing: Ashraf
Awami League General Secretary Syed Ashraful Islam on Monday blamed Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (Jasod) for creating the grounds for the assassination of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the economical backwardness of Bangladesh.
He made the allegation while addressing the closing ceremony of a two-day extended meeting and workshop of Bangladesh Chhatra League at the Teacher-Student Centre of Dhaka University.
Syed Ashraf, also the Public Administration Minister, alleged that Jasod had misguided people about the Liberation War spirit in the name of scientific socialism and tried to make the independence controversial.
Lamenting that a leader of this political party is now in the cabinet of the current government, the ruling party leader said, “I think Awami League will have to pay for it in the future.”
He also advised the BCL leaders and activists to know the proper history of Bangladesh and to be more conscious about politics.
Awami League Joint General Secretary Jahangir Kabir Nanak also spoke at the closing ceremony with BCL President Saifur Rahman Sohag in the chair.