- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Jasod created grounds for Bangabandhu killing: Ashraf
Awami League General Secretary Syed Ashraful Islam on Monday blamed Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (Jasod) for creating the grounds for the assassination of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the economical backwardness of Bangladesh.
He made the allegation while addressing the closing ceremony of a two-day extended meeting and workshop of Bangladesh Chhatra League at the Teacher-Student Centre of Dhaka University.
Syed Ashraf, also the Public Administration Minister, alleged that Jasod had misguided people about the Liberation War spirit in the name of scientific socialism and tried to make the independence controversial.
Lamenting that a leader of this political party is now in the cabinet of the current government, the ruling party leader said, “I think Awami League will have to pay for it in the future.”
He also advised the BCL leaders and activists to know the proper history of Bangladesh and to be more conscious about politics.
Awami League Joint General Secretary Jahangir Kabir Nanak also spoke at the closing ceremony with BCL President Saifur Rahman Sohag in the chair.