- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Fellow students still demanding justice for Tonu
Progressive Student Alliance on Tuesday rejected the second autopsy report of slain Comilla Victoria College student Sohagi Jahan Tonu.
The Forensic Department of Comilla Medical College Hospital on Sunday revealed the second autopsy report, which again failed to identify the cause of death and only reports 'signs of sexual intercourse', with no mention of violence.
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) submitted the report to a court on Monday.
Speaking at a press conference held at Dhaka University's Modhur Canteen, left-leaning Samajtantrik Chhatra Front's General Secretary Masud Rana said the inordinate delay in submitting the report was used to paint an illusion, to aid in the impunity of the perpetrators.
Ashraful Alam Sohel, general secretary of Bangladesh Student Federation, said the second autopsy report only proves that it was the intention all along to misguide the people.
The Alliance vowed to continue their protests till justice is served. On June 20th, they will be holding a protest rally near the Raju Sculpture on the DU campus, still demanding justice for Tonu.