- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Fellow students still demanding justice for Tonu
Progressive Student Alliance on Tuesday rejected the second autopsy report of slain Comilla Victoria College student Sohagi Jahan Tonu.
The Forensic Department of Comilla Medical College Hospital on Sunday revealed the second autopsy report, which again failed to identify the cause of death and only reports 'signs of sexual intercourse', with no mention of violence.
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) submitted the report to a court on Monday.
Speaking at a press conference held at Dhaka University's Modhur Canteen, left-leaning Samajtantrik Chhatra Front's General Secretary Masud Rana said the inordinate delay in submitting the report was used to paint an illusion, to aid in the impunity of the perpetrators.
Ashraful Alam Sohel, general secretary of Bangladesh Student Federation, said the second autopsy report only proves that it was the intention all along to misguide the people.
The Alliance vowed to continue their protests till justice is served. On June 20th, they will be holding a protest rally near the Raju Sculpture on the DU campus, still demanding justice for Tonu.