- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Fellow students still demanding justice for Tonu
Progressive Student Alliance on Tuesday rejected the second autopsy report of slain Comilla Victoria College student Sohagi Jahan Tonu.
The Forensic Department of Comilla Medical College Hospital on Sunday revealed the second autopsy report, which again failed to identify the cause of death and only reports 'signs of sexual intercourse', with no mention of violence.
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) submitted the report to a court on Monday.
Speaking at a press conference held at Dhaka University's Modhur Canteen, left-leaning Samajtantrik Chhatra Front's General Secretary Masud Rana said the inordinate delay in submitting the report was used to paint an illusion, to aid in the impunity of the perpetrators.
Ashraful Alam Sohel, general secretary of Bangladesh Student Federation, said the second autopsy report only proves that it was the intention all along to misguide the people.
The Alliance vowed to continue their protests till justice is served. On June 20th, they will be holding a protest rally near the Raju Sculpture on the DU campus, still demanding justice for Tonu.