- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
3 officers killed in Myanmar military helicopter crash
An official says a military helicopter has crashed in the jungle in northern Myanmar, killing three officers on board.
The aircraft went down Tuesday in the jungle near Daik U town in Bago division, some 150 kilometers (120 miles) northeast of Yangon.
Khin Lay Si, an official in the Daik U administration office, says the rescue team that went to the crash site has confirmed three dead, a major, a captain and a crew member of the helicopter.
It is unclear how many people were on board. Neither the military nor the Information Ministry has released a statement on the crash.