- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Dhaka-Washington partnership dialogue to begin Jun 23
The 5th Partnership Dialogue between Bangladesh and the United States will be held in Washington on June 23-24.
Security issues might get priority in the two-day bilateral dialogue.
Foreign Secretary M Shahidul Haque will lead the Bangladeshi delegation while the US side is likely to be headed by Under Secretary for Political Affairs Thomas A Shannon, said a diplomatic source on Tuesday
US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Nisha Desai Biswal and other senior officials will also be present.
US Ambassador in Dhaka Marcia Bernicat has alredady met the Foreign Secretary and discussed about the coming partnership dialogue.
The 4th partnership dialogue was held in Dhaka in May last year that discussed issues related to security, trade, investment, governance, labour and development cooperation.