- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Dhaka-Washington partnership dialogue to begin Jun 23
The 5th Partnership Dialogue between Bangladesh and the United States will be held in Washington on June 23-24.
Security issues might get priority in the two-day bilateral dialogue.
Foreign Secretary M Shahidul Haque will lead the Bangladeshi delegation while the US side is likely to be headed by Under Secretary for Political Affairs Thomas A Shannon, said a diplomatic source on Tuesday
US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Nisha Desai Biswal and other senior officials will also be present.
US Ambassador in Dhaka Marcia Bernicat has alredady met the Foreign Secretary and discussed about the coming partnership dialogue.
The 4th partnership dialogue was held in Dhaka in May last year that discussed issues related to security, trade, investment, governance, labour and development cooperation.