- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Dhaka-Washington partnership dialogue to begin Jun 23
The 5th Partnership Dialogue between Bangladesh and the United States will be held in Washington on June 23-24.
Security issues might get priority in the two-day bilateral dialogue.
Foreign Secretary M Shahidul Haque will lead the Bangladeshi delegation while the US side is likely to be headed by Under Secretary for Political Affairs Thomas A Shannon, said a diplomatic source on Tuesday
US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Nisha Desai Biswal and other senior officials will also be present.
US Ambassador in Dhaka Marcia Bernicat has alredady met the Foreign Secretary and discussed about the coming partnership dialogue.
The 4th partnership dialogue was held in Dhaka in May last year that discussed issues related to security, trade, investment, governance, labour and development cooperation.