- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Egypt for strengthening ties with BD, invites FM
Outgoing Egyptian Ambassador and Dean of the Diplomatic Corps in Dhaka Mahmoud Ezzat on Tuesday invited Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali to visit Egypt for enhancement of bilateral relations between Bangladesh and Egypt.
He extended the invitation during his meeting with the Foreign Minister at the Foreign Ministry.
Mahmood Ali appreciated the Ambassador for the effective role he played and the positive contributions he made as Egypt envoy to Bangladesh as well as the Dean of the Diplomatic Corps in Dhaka.
He also thanked the Ambassador for his efforts in improving the ties between Bangladesh and Egypt, and expressed the hope that it will improve further in the years ahead.
The Ambassador is scheduled to depart for Egypt in the last week of June 2016, according to Foreign Ministry here.