- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Egypt for strengthening ties with BD, invites FM
Outgoing Egyptian Ambassador and Dean of the Diplomatic Corps in Dhaka Mahmoud Ezzat on Tuesday invited Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali to visit Egypt for enhancement of bilateral relations between Bangladesh and Egypt.
He extended the invitation during his meeting with the Foreign Minister at the Foreign Ministry.
Mahmood Ali appreciated the Ambassador for the effective role he played and the positive contributions he made as Egypt envoy to Bangladesh as well as the Dean of the Diplomatic Corps in Dhaka.
He also thanked the Ambassador for his efforts in improving the ties between Bangladesh and Egypt, and expressed the hope that it will improve further in the years ahead.
The Ambassador is scheduled to depart for Egypt in the last week of June 2016, according to Foreign Ministry here.