- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
2 bank officials among 4 to be sued by ACC
The Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) is set to file a case against four people, including two bank officials, for allegedly swindling out over Tk 15 crore from Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited.
The Commission at its regular meeting on Tuesday decided to file the case against them, Commission’s public relations officer Pranab Kumar Bhattacharya told UNB.
The case will be filed against former assistant vice president of the bank’s Bongshal branch Md Inamul Haque, suspended senior principal officer of the same branch Md Shamsuddin, Star and Company owner MA Mannan and managing director of Urban Skyline Limited Al Fatah Habibullah.
According to the ACC probe, Mannan and Habibullah in collusion with the bank officials took loans of Tk 15 core from the bank showing fake documents and plundered the money.
ACC deputy director Syed Tahsinul Haque will file the case with Bangshal Police Station within a day or two, Pranab said.
The national anti-corruption agency will file the case under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1947.