- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
2 bank officials among 4 to be sued by ACC
The Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) is set to file a case against four people, including two bank officials, for allegedly swindling out over Tk 15 crore from Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited.
The Commission at its regular meeting on Tuesday decided to file the case against them, Commission’s public relations officer Pranab Kumar Bhattacharya told UNB.
The case will be filed against former assistant vice president of the bank’s Bongshal branch Md Inamul Haque, suspended senior principal officer of the same branch Md Shamsuddin, Star and Company owner MA Mannan and managing director of Urban Skyline Limited Al Fatah Habibullah.
According to the ACC probe, Mannan and Habibullah in collusion with the bank officials took loans of Tk 15 core from the bank showing fake documents and plundered the money.
ACC deputy director Syed Tahsinul Haque will file the case with Bangshal Police Station within a day or two, Pranab said.
The national anti-corruption agency will file the case under the Prevention of Corruption Act 1947.