- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Shibir leader remanded over Pabna ashram attendant killing
A court here on Tuesday placed a local Islami Chhatra Shibir leader, arrested for his suspected link to the killing of Hindu ashram attendant Nityaranjan Pandey, on a five-day remand over the murder.
Judicial Magistrate Nazimuddaula put Ariful Islam, 23, Literature and Cultural Affairs secretary of district unit Shibir and son of Abdus Sattar of Charghoshpur village in Sadar upazila, on the remand after police produced him before the court seeking a 10-day remand.
A police team arrested Ariful from Bajitpur village of Sadar upazila on Saturday night.
Earlier, police arrested another suspect, Hashem, on Monday in this connection. Hashem was also put on a five-day remand on the day.
Nityaranjan Pandey, 62, an attendant of Sree Sree Thakur Anukulchandra Ashram (asylum), was hacked to death by unidentified miscreants at Hemayetpur of Sadar upazila early Friday.
A case was filed in this connection.