- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Wife sues Khaleda’s press secretary
A case was filed against BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’a press secretary Maruf Kamal Khan Sohel on Monday night on charge of torturing his wife.
Sohel’s wife Tania Khan filed the case with Mohammadpur Police Station under sections 323/235/202 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
In her first information report (FIR), Tania Khan alleged that her husband has long been maintaining ‘illicit’ affairs with some other women, said sub-inspector Tareque Zaman, also investigation officer of the case.
Whenever she protested his unethical deed, he used to torture her, Zaman said, quoting the FIR.
Tania said she and Sohel locked in an altercation on Monday evening over the issue. At one stage, Sohel physically tortured her and hit her in the head with an iron rod, leaving her seriously injured.
Hearing her screams, neighbours and caretaker of their house rescued her and took her to Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital.
She went to the police station after receiving the treatment and filed the case.