- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Wife sues Khaleda’s press secretary
A case was filed against BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’a press secretary Maruf Kamal Khan Sohel on Monday night on charge of torturing his wife.
Sohel’s wife Tania Khan filed the case with Mohammadpur Police Station under sections 323/235/202 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
In her first information report (FIR), Tania Khan alleged that her husband has long been maintaining ‘illicit’ affairs with some other women, said sub-inspector Tareque Zaman, also investigation officer of the case.
Whenever she protested his unethical deed, he used to torture her, Zaman said, quoting the FIR.
Tania said she and Sohel locked in an altercation on Monday evening over the issue. At one stage, Sohel physically tortured her and hit her in the head with an iron rod, leaving her seriously injured.
Hearing her screams, neighbours and caretaker of their house rescued her and took her to Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital.
She went to the police station after receiving the treatment and filed the case.