- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Arrest Hindu priest killers or quit job: Nasim to cops
Health Minister Mohammed Nasim on Tuesday warned the police administration that they must arrest the killers of slain Hindu priest Anando Gopal Ganguly or quit the job.
“If you want to continue with the service here, (you) must arrest the killers. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has sent me here to ensure that the killers are arrested,” he said while addressing a rally held at Karatipara Govt Primary School ground in Sadar upazila.
The minister alleged that the opposition parties do not want to take part in the next national election and that is why thy have been involved in secret killings.
Speaking on the occasion, Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu said no leniency will be there for any killer. “The gallows are ready for each of the killing,” he said.
The rally was presided over by Naldanga union unit Awami League president Irfan Ali Biswas.
Earlier on June 7, Anando Gopal Ganguly, 70, a Hindu priest of the area, was murdered by unknown assailants at Sonaikhali village in Sadar upazila.
A case was filed on June 8 in this connection by Arun Ganguli, son of the deceased.