- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Arrest Hindu priest killers or quit job: Nasim to cops
Health Minister Mohammed Nasim on Tuesday warned the police administration that they must arrest the killers of slain Hindu priest Anando Gopal Ganguly or quit the job.
“If you want to continue with the service here, (you) must arrest the killers. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has sent me here to ensure that the killers are arrested,” he said while addressing a rally held at Karatipara Govt Primary School ground in Sadar upazila.
The minister alleged that the opposition parties do not want to take part in the next national election and that is why thy have been involved in secret killings.
Speaking on the occasion, Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu said no leniency will be there for any killer. “The gallows are ready for each of the killing,” he said.
The rally was presided over by Naldanga union unit Awami League president Irfan Ali Biswas.
Earlier on June 7, Anando Gopal Ganguly, 70, a Hindu priest of the area, was murdered by unknown assailants at Sonaikhali village in Sadar upazila.
A case was filed on June 8 in this connection by Arun Ganguli, son of the deceased.