- Good men should not be quiet spectators
- We will continue to work with refugee-hosting countries to find solutions
- Voting underway for Gazipur City Corporation elections
- SC upholds Khaleda’s bail in Cumilla arson case
- Teesta inundates 10 Nilphamari villages
- AL confident of victory, fair balloting in Gazipur
- Nahid urges all to work for improving quality of education
- Looting going on in banking sector: Menon
- PM for BD-India sharing of expertise in coastal security
- Ronaldo misses penalty, Portugal draws 1-1 with Iran
Mobilise public opinion against militancy: PM to BCL boys
Reiterating that her government would never pamper terrorism and militancy, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina here on Tuesday asked the leaders and workers of Bangladesh Chattra League (BCL) to mobilise public opinion against this menace.
"Promote peace…we want a peaceful environment so that socio-economic development could continue in the country. Terrorism and militancy can never bring welfare and betterment for the nation," she said when leaders and workers of BCL met her at her official residence Ganobhaban at night.
Referring to corruption, terrorism and ‘Bangla Bhai’ created by the BNP-Jamaat alliance regime, Sheikh Hasina said her government does not want such outfits to be created in the country again.
The Prime Minister also asked the leaders and workers of Bangladesh Chhatra League to highlight the successes of the present AL government in various sectors, especially in the fields of education, through a massive campaign.
She also directed them to find out illiterate people and out-of-school children in their respective areas and ensure their education and school enrollment with their united efforts. "We want to achieve a cent percent literacy rate."
Sheikh Hasina, also the president of the ruling Awami League, asked the BCL leaders and workers to project the successes and contributions of the AL government to education sector.
BCL president Saifur Rahman Sohag and general secretary SM Zakir Hossain also spoke on the occasion.